Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to stuffed peppers, but quicker and less work. A fast and tasty one-dish meal.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 3 -4 green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper
- Brown hamburger in skillet, salt and pepper.
- Slice peppers and onion; sautee in hamburger grease.
- Add tomatoes.
- Simmer until peppers are soft.
- Drain grease.
- Stir in cooked rice until all ingredients are distributed evenly.
I made this recipe, and it was very good. I used mini peppers instead because that was what I had. Instead of using a can of diced tomatoes, I just put fresh tomatoes in the food processor. All in all, it was pretty good, but I enjoyed it better as leftovers because the flavors were stronger:).
Made this tonight.It was good-Hubby liked it (He loves traditional stuffed peppers-I don't,but I enjoyed this) I used turkey burger and a chunky style spaghetti sauce instead of the canned tomatoes,and added seasonings. I served the mix on top of rice. Gotta admit-don't know why I didn't think of this way myself-thank you for listing this. I know I'll be making it again.