Recipe by Tish
If you've had stuffed peppers you know the taste. This soup is like a stuffed bell pepper in soup form!
- 8 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons leaf oregano, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- The bell peppers should be 1 1/2 cup diced and 2 1/2 cup chopped into 3/4 inch squares.
- Bring water, rice, onion, orlive and diced bell pepper to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes or until rice is a little tender Add celery, bell pepper squares, carrot, garlic, oregano, basil, celery seed, and tomato paste.
- Continue simmering about 30 minutes, or until added veggies are tender and rice is completely cooked Add chili powder, tamari and salt to taste.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until flavors are blended.