Recipe by Tebo
Like cabbage rolls but don't like the work involved? This low cal recipe could be just what you are looking for!
Top Review by jellie
I used one cup vegetarian ground beef (TVP) rehydrated with a cup and a half of water, seasoned with soy sauce, salt and pepper in place of the meat in this recipe and it was awesome. Never having had real cabbage rolls before, I didn't know what it was "supposed" to taste like, but my half Polish boyfriend approved heartily! More cabbage would be great because I like it, but it wouldn't fit in the pan! So easy too..it only took me about 10 minutes to put together. I found cooking time to be right on.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef or 8 ounces lean ground chicken
- 2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice, raw
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped fine, with juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a skillet with cooking spray.
- Spray and 8 by 8 dish with cooking spray.
- Layer cabbage on bottom of dish.
- Cover with onion, brown meat and rice.
- Combine tomatoes, mustard, brown sugar twin and salt and lemon pepper.
- Pour over mixture in the dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes.