Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This time grilled cheese wont do, no you want more. You say to yourself, "Self, I need to add some class." I think I have just the thing. Made on the grill side of the cast iron Griddle/Grill combo (the one with the grooves).
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or Squaw)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or Swiss)
- 4 ounces ham (Sliced)
- 1⁄2 tomatoes (Sliced)
- 6 leaves spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub in outsides of bread slices with olive oil.
- Get Large stovetop burner fired up to medium hot and get the grill side heated.
- Assemble sandwich with bread, cheese, meat, spinach, tomato, cheese, meat, bread.
- Cook both sides until cheese is melted.
- Open Sandwich and dash vinaigrette.
- Close up and rotate so grill lines make diamonds.
- You got yourself a sando.
Great sandwich! This was a perfect partner for your Mrs. Dreyers Tortellini Soup for our Sunday night, everyone's-got-the-sniffles dinner, lol. I didn't have any sourdough bread on hand, so I used some toasted onion ciabatta rolls instead (which were lovely with this, btw). I used Havarti slices for the cheese. Because this sandwich is stuffed with goodies and the bread was so dense, I found that it needed to be pressed as it was cooking. Otherwise, not all the filling would heat up uniformly -- not the end of the world, but grilled sandwiches always taste better to me when they don't have chilly spots in the middle. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013