Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Master Dough recipe that came with the UNO's Deep Dish Pizza pan.
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 177.44 ml water (warm 105-110 degrees F)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml soybean oil
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Add soybean oil and blend.
- Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly. If using a stand mixer, mix on medium speed for 4 minutes until the dough is smooth and pliable. If kneading by hand, knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a deep bowl. Place dough in bowl and turn twice to coat with oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise for 2 hours on counter, or overnight in fridge. DO NOT PUNCH THE DOUGH DOWN.
- Spread and push the dough ball across the bottom of a deep pan and up slightly on the sides.
- Add toppings of your choice, and bake in a preheated oven at 475 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
I submitted a correction for this posting. The ingredients measured in tablespoons are indeed teaspoons. There is an official copy directly on UNO's website here http://www.unos.com/about/press/2009/0109_1.html.
I made this last night and was very good. The only thing I did was take it out of the pan and put it on the rack in the oven for about 5 or 10 min to crisp it up better.