Recipe by PrincessPage
From the website: http://www.unos.com/about/press/2009/0109_1.html I love this dough!!! The site did not say how to treat the pan before cooking, I fill the bottom with oil because we like a real greasy yummy pizza.
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast with warm water and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the corn oil and blend.
- Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly until the dough is smooth and pliable. If using a stand mixer for 4 minutes at medium or by hand knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the dough out and knead by hand an additional 2 minutes.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil, place the dough ball in the bowl turning once to cover it with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel and let it rise for two hours.
- Do not punch the dough down. Spead it across the bottom and up the sides of a 12 inch deep dish pizza or cake pan. (I cover the bottom of my pan with olive oil first - a lot of olive oil).
- For the sauce: in a mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, oregano, basil and romano.
- Line the dough with mozzarella and provolone completely covering the dough and then put your sauce and toppings.
- Bake on the middle rack of a preheated 475 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes - the crust should be golden brown. Allow the pizza to rest 3-4 minutes before cutting.