1/3 Photos of Unleavened Whole Wheat Bread
Chef Shadows's Note:
This is a whole wheat communion bread recipe that our kids used to love out of the freezer in the summer.This is also authentic to the early centuries, if you use olive oil in place of the veggie oil and goats milk, as the staple bread of the times.
My Private Note
flat lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix honey and oil and warm slightly.
- 2Mix egg yolk in warm milk.
- 3Add honey and oil to flour and salt.
- 4Then add egg and milk mixture gradually to the flour mixture.
- 5Divide dough into three equal pieces.
- 6Working with one piece at a time, roll out very thin to dinner plate size.
- 7Score dough using a shot glass for the center, then a saucer and next a salad plate (or whatever works to make approximateyl three equal outer circles).
- 8Then score twelve spokes out from the center circle.
- 9Bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10Wrap while still warm. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- 11Makes three flat loaves.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unleavened Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g