Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe makes excellent wraps during the Days of Unleavened Bread. The original recipe came from "Savoring the Sabbaths" cookbook published by United Church of God but over the years I've tweaked it a bit to match our families personal tastes. I like to keep the dry ingredients mixed together as a ready mix to save time during my Holy Day prep. days.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix together, just enough to moisten. This shouldn't require much kneading. Allow to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature (cover dough while resting).
- Pinch off balls approx 2" in diameter and roll to smooth. When all balls are formed, roll each one into a 5" circle approximately the thickness of of a pie crust.
- Bake each round on a pizza tray on lowest rack in oven for about 3 minutes. They should bubble up a bit and be slightly browned. Don't over bake.
- Keep in refrigerator or freeze in small batches as they have a fairly short shelf life due to their deliciousness and lack of leavening and preservatives.