1/1 Photo of Unleavened Chocolate Mint Cake Brownies
Our favorite brownie recipe for the Spring Holy Days. These are incredibly rich - a little goes a looong way!! They taste just like the Ande's mints, but in brownie form.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- green food coloring (optional)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1Cream sugar and butter well. Add beaten eggs, flour, cocoa and salt and mix until thoroughly combined. Bake in a greased 13x9 pan at 400F for 25 minutes.
- 2While brownies are baking cream together the confectioners sugar, peppermint extract, softened butter and as much food coloring as desired in a bowl and set aside. Spread on brownies after they have cooled in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 3When brownies are completely cool, melt together the chocolate chips and 6Tbsp butter. Spread immediately on top of mint layer of brownies. Chill until set, but soft enough to cut. If chocolate is too hard it will crack and make it difficult to cut brownies squares.
- 4Slice brownies into 2" x 1" squares.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unleavened Chocolate Mint Cake Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 58
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 62.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g