Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
While meant for communion bread, our kids insist we also make it just for eating.
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I used 100% lactaid free, 1% fat)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Measure and mix flour and wheatgerm.
- Measure and add three liquids.
- Stir throughly till mixture comes away from sides of the bowl.
- Form into two balls. You can hold, refrigerate, or freeze the dough for later.
- Flatten balls on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Stone or non-stick surfaces work well. If not "unstick"--sprinkle the baking surface with cornmeal or line it with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool several minutes--bread will be very hot.
Very crumbly, but nice flavor. Replaced the corn oil with Olive Oil and the honey with Agave nectar and used goats milk.