1/27 Photos of Unknownchef86's Very Best Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
These rolls are very soft and light. They make children and husbands very happy. My husband asked, "Can you make these ALL the time?"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Due to its sticky nature, this recipe is best made in a standing mixer with a dough hook; the truly persistent could probably make this by hand with a bowl and a wooden spoon-- these rolls are worth the extra effort.
- 2Sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk and let sit for approximately 5 minutes to proof.
- 3Add sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt and eggs; mix well.
- 4Add flour and mix well.
- 5Blend at medium-low speed for about 5-10 minutes, scraping down sides once or twice.
- 6Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel; let rise in bowl about 1 hour or til doubled.
- 7Remove the towel and plastic wrap and turn mixer on low to"punch down" the dough; if you wish, you can let the dough raise a second time as it makes for a more flavorful roll.
- 8Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 36"plops"; The dough will be very sticky.
- 9Place"plops", edges just touching, in a buttered 9x13 baking pan; don't bother trying to smooth out the"plops"-- they will smooth out as they raise.
- 10Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise til doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
- 11Melt the reserved butter and drizzle over the top of the rolls before baking.
- 12Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unknownchef86's Very Best Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1884 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 175.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g