Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family just about licks their plates clean with I make this. Can't make it unless I make plenty. Serve with appropriate side dishes. Cooking time is an estimate. If you can't find Johnny's Pork and Chicken Seasoning at your store, you can order it from their website, www.johhnysfinefoods.com. As of this writing, www.johnnysfinefoods.com/Pork-Chicken-and-Turkey-Seasoning--475oz_p_29.html is the current page for it...just right-click on it and open in a new window or copy and paste the url into your browser.
- 1 skinless chicken breast half, per person, pounded flat (more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons butter, per breast (amount is approximate)
- seasoning, to taste (I use Johnny's Pork and Chicken Seasoning)
- Pound the breast(s) out thin with the flat side of a meat mallet or heavy skillet (I put them in a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag first -- reduces "splatter").
- Melt the butter in a pan (I use cast iron) over medium heat.
- Put the breast(s) (how many depends on how big they are when pounded out) into the pan and sprinkle Johnny's Pork and Chicken Seasoning to taste.
- Let brown, turn, and sprinkle again.
- Let finish cooking (approximately 3-5 minutes per side).
- Make lots.