Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This tasty pie makes its own crust! Very handy when you're short on time. Great for a beginner cook or someone that isn't comfortable with making pie crust.
- In blender container, combine everything except coconut.
- Blend about ten seconds, or til mixed (do not overblend).
- Sprinkle coconut in a greased 9" pie pan.
- Pour filling over coconut and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or til knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Cool, then chill in refrigerator for a few hours.
The first time I made this I tried it when it was still warm & thought it was just eh. But the next day it was sooooo good. I was craving it today so I whipped up a half batch. I used 1 egg and added a ripe banana to the mix. It was very good too. I haven't tried it with the coconut yet.
I made this for my picky father. He ate so much of it and he's not a big on sweets eater. Him and my mom practically fought over the last piece.
My mother has made this custard pie for years. It is soooooo good :D Best warm, but I gladly eat if cold as well LOL