Recipe by UnknownChef86
This salad is the ultimate in simplicity and taste! It's a light salad that can be enjoyed year-round, either as a side or a main-dish. When my Mom made this, it never failed to disappear quickly. Even my husband, who isn't very fond of salad, will take a hearty helping...and then come back for an equally hearty second helping! This is a salad best eaten immediately after preparation...it will turn soggy if it sits. Amounts are approximate...and very forgiving.
Top Review by Bobtail
Another delicious and easy recipe! Just wonderful for the summer months. I cannot wait till I can use a really fresh home grown tomato, YUMMY! Served this to some friends this weekend and they loved it. I sent this recipe home with them as well as the other Zaar recipes I experimented on them with. (Recipe #267178 and Recipe #30710) LOL! I will make this again and I think a sprinkle of cheese could be an option. Easy peasy, Thanks UC86!
- 2 head lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 340.19 g package bacon, in 3/4-inch slices (I use turkey bacon)
- 59.14-118.29 ml mayonnaise, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the bacon over medium heat while you are preparing the other ingredients; cook to your preference (crispy, chewy, etc).
- While the bacon is cooking, combine the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise to taste. I use just enough mayonnaise to moisten it, without making it sloppy.
- When the bacon is done, drain it and stir it into the salad. Serve immediately.