Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad is the ultimate in simplicity and taste! It's a light salad that can be enjoyed year-round, either as a side or a main-dish. When my Mom made this, it never failed to disappear quickly. Even my husband, who isn't very fond of salad, will take a hearty helping...and then come back for an equally hearty second helping! This is a salad best eaten immediately after preparation...it will turn soggy if it sits. Amounts are approximate...and very forgiving.
- 2 heads lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, in 3/4-inch slices (I use turkey bacon)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, to taste
- Saute the bacon over medium heat while you are preparing the other ingredients; cook to your preference (crispy, chewy, etc).
- While the bacon is cooking, combine the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise to taste. I use just enough mayonnaise to moisten it, without making it sloppy.
- When the bacon is done, drain it and stir it into the salad. Serve immediately.
Another delicious and easy recipe! Just wonderful for the summer months. I cannot wait till I can use a really fresh home grown tomato, YUMMY! Served this to some friends this weekend and they loved it. I sent this recipe home with them as well as the other Zaar recipes I experimented on them with. (Herb and Cheese Biscuit Bites and Cowboy Caviar) LOL! I will make this again and I think a sprinkle of cheese could be an option. Easy peasy, Thanks UC86!