1/1 Photo of Unknownchef86's Lemon-Pepper Chicken (Sbd Phase One)
This is a tasty, easy way to serve chicken when you are on the South Beach Diet...and even when you're not on the diet! It's on the spicy side, but amounts of spices can be adjusted according to taste. Cook time is an estimation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the frying pan (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Drizzle the oil in the pan. You can use more or less oil, as needed -- you just need enough to lightly coat the pan.
- 2Saute the red pepper flakes in the oil -- brown, but don't let them burn.
- 3Add the chicken breasts to the pan and generously sprinkle the spices over, to taste. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and turn to medium-low.
- 4After approximately 3-5 min, lift the lid and drizzle about a tablespoon of water into the pan. Re-cover and turn to medium low.
- 5When the breasts have turned opaque on top (approximately five minutes -- time will vary), turn over and re-season with just the lemon pepper and the garlic.
- 6Recover and continue to simmer til done -- approximately 5-10 minutes, adding a teaspoon or two more water if necessary.
- 7Drizzle any remaining juices on top of the chicken when serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unknownchef86's Lemon-Pepper Chicken (Sbd Phase One)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 76.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g