Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent homemade ice cream, with lots of room for variations...limited only by your imagination. I originally got the recipe with an ice cream maker that I purchased some time before I was married in 1986. The recipe and variations are designed for a one-quart yield, and may be doubled if desired. Prep time is for combining the mixture and does not include freezing time (as that will vary by machine/method). Note: Oreo cookie pudding ice cream is EXCELLENT. :D
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant pudding mix, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Combine pudding, light cream and sugar. Beat mixture as directed on pudding package, however, discontinue beating as soon as the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in vanilla and heavy cream.
- Transfer pudding mixture to ice cream machine maker and process according to specifications.
I made this in a Cuisinart ice cream maker and it was the perfect ammount for it. Chocolate pudding was used and 3 crushed oreos. Very good ice cream and easy to make too!
Delicious! I used vanilla pudding with a little rum and nutmeg for an eggnog-inspired ice cream. Yum.
Wow! This is great. Used the cookies and cream pudding. This is a keeper! It was a little sweet for me so I might cut back on the sugar next time.