Recipe by UnknownChef86
This is a mouth-watering way to use up some of your zucchini bounty. If you didn't grow any zucchini this year, it will be worth going to the store to pick some up! I came up with this recipe the year I planted four zucchini plants...and the zucchini couldn't grow fast enough for our family! Every time there was one big enough, we made this recipe! :D And yes, the garlic amount is correct...a head, not a clove. It's very garlicky, but the garlic softens and mellows in texture and flavor. I've actually had the garlic "melt" (for lack of a better phrase) when baked long enough.
Top Review by pedspeech
I halved the recipe (just because this isn't something my kids would eat) and started with frozen chicken breasts. I cooked it in the crockpot for about five hours and that was long enough. I used summer squash in place of the zucchini- the green would have been prettier, but I used what the garden offered! The flavors were really good, but a little on the bland side. I did enjoy it and probably will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 large zucchini, cubed or 3 -4 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and cloves left whole
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce (I use Ragu brand)
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese cubes over all, then pour the alfredo sauce over the top and gently stir to moisten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Serve over hot, cooked noodles.
- Note: If desired, this could be made in the crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours.