Recipe by UnknownChef86
I came up with this when I was in a pinch for a dessert for Bible study. I put out an SOS on the Everything Else board (http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=88665) to sound others out on some of the ideas I had, and this is the result! It was a huge success at the Bible study and at home. Thanks for the help!!
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box french vanilla cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxcook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (17 ounce) jarmrs. richardson butterscotch caramel sauce, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmrs. richardson hot fudge topping, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Place the walnuts in a small bowl and sprinkle the two teaspoons of flour over them.
- Stir to coat, then use a small sieve to remove excess flour, reserving excess flour; set walnuts aside.
- Add chocolate chips to remaining flour, stir to coat and set aside.
- Mix cake mix with 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 1/4 cups water.
- Beat at low speed til moistened, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour half of the batter into another bowl; set the second bowl aside.
- In the first bowl, stir in the floured walnuts.
- Pour walnut-batter into the prepared 9x13; set aside.
- In the second bowl, add the box of pudding mix, another egg, and 1/4 cup water; mix til incorporated.
- Stir the chocolate chip-flour mixture into the second bowl and pour the batter into the pan.
- Run a tableknife through the batter a few times to swirl, then bake for 35-40 minutes or til toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is still hot, drizzle some of the caramel and hot fudge sauces over the top.
- Let cool in the pan, then cut into squares.