Recipe by UnknownChef86
This is a recipe I came up with after I made Unknownchef86's Dehydrated Sliced Potatoes (Dried). It's far cheaper than the boxed mixes, without all the sodium and the other unnecessary (unpronounceable) ingredients. The recipe can be varied by adding other ingredients (ham, bacon, broccoli, different cheeses, a can of cream of mushroom soup...use your imagination).
- 6 cups dehydrated potato slices
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
- 4 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, butter, half and half and boiling water in an ungreased 3 quart pan; stir in cheese cubes.
- Bake at 400F for 45-60 minutes or til potatoes are tender.
- When tender, mix flour and enough water to make a medium-thick smooth paste.
- Stir into potatoes and put back into oven to finish baking (approx. 10 minutes).