Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is so simple, it's almost a non-recipe, but so delicious I had to submit it. I came up with it one day when I wanted to do something different with a pork tenderloin. It was such a hit, it became a family favorite, replacing the pallid-by-comparison taco meat. It works just as well with boneless chicken or beef. It's very popular at potlucks and get-togethers, also. Pork weight is an estimate...I just use a good-sized roast. This is also a good recipe for OAMC, as you can cook and shred, then package the meat for later use.
- 2 -4 lbs pork tenderloin (or use lean boneless chicken or beef) or 2 -4 lbs lean pork roast (or use lean boneless chicken or beef)
- 1 (24 ounce) jarmedium chipotle salsa (I use Safeway brand)
- Make sure the pork is trimmed of excess fat, then rinse with cold water.
- Place roast in a crockpot and pour the salsa over the top.
- Let cook 6-8 hours or til meat easily shreds.
- Remove roast from crockpot and place on a platter; shred with two forks and return to crockpot, mixing with remaining salsa.
- Use as you would taco meat, serving with tortillas and appropriate toppings (cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, etcetera).
- If desired, after roast is cooked, juices in crockpot can be thickened with a tablespoon of flour and enough water to make a thin paste.
Great simple recipe I used 4ibs of Beef topside, 450g jar of Daniels fire roast mild Salsa & a few drops of Daves Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce, stuck it in the crock pot on low for 9 hours & it was fantastic as a filling in crispy bread rolls Thanks
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. I just happen to have a jar of Chipotle Salsa from Safeway! It is one of 2 of our favorite salsas. I used the remains of last nights roasted chicken and it turned out deliciously, as you can see from my photos. Husband loved it and cleaned his plate :) I saved the leftovers with my FoodSaver and froze them. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for an easy and delicious recipe.
This recipe is crazy good! And crazy easy! My husband loves it and has asked for it twice! Thanks for a fantastic, easy & delicious recipe! 5 stars all the way!