Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ginger gives this sweet hot sauce its unique flavor. A friend's wife gave it to me on the condition that I would not share it with anyone.
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Combine ingredients and simmer briefly.
- Soak fried or baked wings in sauce.
I used the terrific boiling/baking method found in Unbelievable Baked Buffalo Wings and glazed the wings by coating and rebaking the last 5 minutes or so with this scrumptious sauce. Throw out any elbow etiquette you've ever learned and chew on this a while. Made for Alphabet Soup Tag.
FANTASTIC!! so glad you didn't listen to your wife's friend.