Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in one of my mothers old books.It sounds like a really cool twist on the traditional lasagna. It really sounds yummy! 8)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna fish, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly,grease a 12x8x2 baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan,combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat,simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir on occasion.
- Cook the lasagna noodles as directed on package.
- With spoon,add one third of the tunafish mixture into the dish.
- Layer half each of the noodles,ricotta,and mozzerella cheese.
- Top with one third of tuna mixture.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining noodles,ricotta,mozzerall and tuna.
- Sprinkle on top layer,the parmesan cheese.
- Uncovered,bake for 40 minutes.
Tastes soo much better the day after! :) It's a great, quick and easy recipe to use when you're craving for pasta. I used a combination of vodka cream spaghetti sauce and tomato and mushroom, with loads of mozzarella!