Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is very different because of the way you make the dressing. I have never seen another recipe like this one. It will spoil you for other like recipes. My recipe is so old it is falling apart, so thought I best get it in here. If you give it a try, be sure to use the small salad pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small baby shrimp
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, -rough chop
- 2 cups mayonnaise (best foods)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb size 22 pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked peas (keep them crisp)
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion (about 12)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley (I like the dried)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I use bottled)
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion (optional)
- In your food processor or blender, add 1/4 of the shrimp, the 4 hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise and wine. Blend until smooth. Cover and chill.
- In 5 quarts of salted water, cook the pasta 8 to 10 minutes or just al dente. Rinse in a colander under cold running water; drain well.
- Chop or leave whole the remaining shrimp.
- In a large bowl, combine them with the pasta, peas, scallions, pimiento, parsley, lemon juice and dressing.
- Toss until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Cover and chill.
- TO SERVE: Line a serving bowl with the lettuce leaves and mound the salad in the center. Top with the red onion. I also cook 1 extra egg and slice it on top. The presentation and taste are divine.