Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Drizzling sweet pickle juice over the warm potaotes is the secret to this delicious salad. It is a keeper in my book!!! I usually double the reicpe The original I dont think makes 6/8 servings. Im posting the original size
- Cook Potatoes in a largge pot of boiling Salted water until jus tender. (Most people let Potatoes boil to long. Remember, they keep cooking after you stop) approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain: transfer back to the large pot.
- Drizzle the pickle juices over potatoes and toss gently. Let cool to room temperature (important).
- Whisk Mayo, Buttermilk, mustard, sugar, and Black pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Add Hard Boiled eggs/chopped, onion/chopped, celery/chopped, and pickles/sliced thinly.
- Toss gently to blend.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Can be made 8 hours ahead.
- Bring to room temp to serve.
- 6/8 servings
- Bon Appetie 2002.
This salad is a must! At least the way I made it! I used Aristocrat Pickles (in place if the gerkins)which is very sweet and had onions in it. I did use 1 cup including the juice. I added Aristocrat Pickles (juice and chopped pickles and onions) all together to the hot, sliced golden yukons with skin (my chice because thats what I had). I skipped the sugar because the pickles were sweet enough and I did use sweet vadilla onions. I also need to use up my eggs which I used 6 not 3-I do like eggie potato salad!!! I must say I made this for the next day and my DH & DS couldn`t wait so we ate it warm and it was oHHHH SOOO Good. Thanks!
It was hot and humid here and we had this with a whole deli chicken on the side. We refrigerated it overnight and it was definitely a 5 star salad!