Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
From the "World's Healthiest Foods" website. It states, "Made quickly and fresh tasting and a great way to add more veggies to your diet. Can be made in advance and kept in the fridge. Give it a little extra time to marinate before serving and the flavor will be even better." I thought it was very good, more affordable and very different from the antipastos I am use to. Hope it works for you. Turning the carrots just means that you cut on a diagonal from each side. Just cut them at your preference. Dressing recipe and ingredients included below.
- 2 cups turned carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups thick sliced celery
- 1 cup fresh sliced fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, rinsed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring enough salted water to a boil that will cover the veggies.
- Once water is rapidly boiling, place in the carrots for about 4 minutes.
- Then add to the boiling water the fennel and the celery.
- Cook for one more minute.
- Immediately strain through a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry and place in a bowl with capers and olives.
- Whisk together the herbs, garlic, mustard, honey, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Whisk in a little olive oil at the end.
- Toss with the veggies and let marinate for at least fifteen minutes.