1/1 Photo of Unique and Creative Way to Dreamy, Creamy, and Unbelievably Low-
I've finally found a way to make a wonderfully creamy mushroom soup without the extra calories. I'm obsessed with mushrooms right now and this recipe is loaded with them, and big mushroom flavor. The unique base of this soup is blended cauliflower which makes for a thick stock and no need for flour to thicken. Even with the half and half, each 2 cup serving is only 88 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse cauliflower and break into florets.
- 2Add cauliflower and water to a stock pot along with the Better than Bouillon mushroom base.
- 3Boil cauliflower until soft, about 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- 4Using an immersion blender, blend cauliflower in broth until smooth. I turn my gas stove off while blending.
- 5Add your mushrooms, thyme and black pepper.
- 6Bring to another boil for 30 minutes.
- 7Turn off stove and move pot to another eye then stir in half and half.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unique and Creative Way to Dreamy, Creamy, and Unbelievably Low-
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g