Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've finally found a way to make a wonderfully creamy mushroom soup without the extra calories. I'm obsessed with mushrooms right now and this recipe is loaded with them, and big mushroom flavor. The unique base of this soup is blended cauliflower which makes for a thick stock and no need for flour to thicken. Even with the half and half, each 2 cup serving is only 88 calories.
- Rinse cauliflower and break into florets.
- Add cauliflower and water to a stock pot along with the Better than Bouillon mushroom base.
- Boil cauliflower until soft, about 10 minutes. Do not drain.
- Using an immersion blender, blend cauliflower in broth until smooth. I turn my gas stove off while blending.
- Add your mushrooms, thyme and black pepper.
- Bring to another boil for 30 minutes.
- Turn off stove and move pot to another eye then stir in half and half.