Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious 3 cheese sandwich using goat, fresh mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses. It is like taking a trip to Italy by just going to your grocery. It is accented by wonderful basil, tomato, and balsamic flavors!
- 4 ounces Italian bread, I use the loaves from the grocer's bakery
- 4 ounces goat cheese (Chevre)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons spoon extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt
- 4 -6 basil leaves
- 1 large ripened tomatoes
- 8 ounces good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- sugar (optional)
- Cut bread into two sandwhich size pieces and slice each down the middle.
- Seperate into 4 pieces of bread, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
- Put in baking pan in preheated oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about 3 minutes or until bread just begins to brown.
- Pull out of oven and top 2 of the pieces with 2 round slices of goat cheese.
- On the other two pieces of bread place slices of tomato and a couple basil leaves followed by slices of fresh mozzarella on top of the tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Put back in the oven for another 7-8 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- About 30 minutes before starting the sandwich, heat the balsamic vinegar to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon sugar if desired. Reduce to medium heat and let reduce by half stirring occasionally. Pour syrupy liquid into either ramekins or another small dish.
- Put in freezer for about 15 minutes. Do not let freeze.
- Assemble sandwhiches while they are still hot and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with balsamic glaze drizzled on top of cheese.
- You'll need some napkins!