Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my favorite! Anytime I want fries I make these. I sometimes eat them with a fat free turkey hot dog and it takes me back to my childhood. I think these are better then the ones you make with regular baking potatoes. Try them and tell me what you think :)
- cooking spray (Canola)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potato and remove any bad spots.
- Cut the sweet potato up into thin matchsticks (as for fries).
- Leave the skin on.
- Place on large cookie sheet with aluminum foil (so you don't have a messy pan to clean) coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Spray sweet potatoes with cooking spray and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook about 20 minutes and then crank oven up to about 380 degrees and bake until crispy (about 10 additional minutes).
- If you overloaded the pan (as I always do) not all of them get real crispy, but they are good either way.
- Serve with ketchup on the side.
Shannon, (I have a daughter named Shannon!) Anyway, I made your fries. I followed the recipe exactly and served them to my family, along with chicken burgers. Three out of four of us thought they were tasty. I wish they would have been a bit more crispy, (I suppose I could have kept them in the oven longer, but I didn't want them to shrivel and dry out)but I really liked the flavor and thought they were a good way to serve sweet potatoes to those who may not otherwise eat them! I plan to make them again and see if they turn out a bit more crispy...maybe I'll stick them under the broiler for a minute or too and see what happens!
These are tasty and easy. They are not crispy. Made them twice. I left in longer the first time. I placed under broiler for a minute the second time. May have to try something different next time.