Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great recipe without all that oil. I wrote the recipe as written but I always add some kind of meat - usually ham or chicken.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansoriental broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray on medium heat for 1 minute. Add eggs and cook 3-4 mins or until set, stirring often. Remove from pan; coarsely chop the eggs and set aside. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat, add rice. Cook 3-4 mins or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, garlic powder and carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 minutes Add scallions and peas. Cook 5 mins more or until rice is done and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in reserved eggs and heat 1 min or until heated through.
This is sooooooo good! The rice is sticky and the fresh veggies add great crunch and flavour. Loved it! The addition of the egg was a nice touch, but next time Im going to season it a bit as I found it a little bland just as is.
Since I didnt have any oriental broth, I just added some garam masala and other oriental spices to make up for it and the result was very tasty.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this healthy keeper with us, Ceezie!
Made and reviewed for Everyday is a holiday Tag Game May 2011.