Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Chinese rice and this is sooooo goood without all the oil.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced ham or 1⁄2 cup bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 eggs, scrambled and chopped up
- 3 -4 diced spring onions
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Steam rice according to your steamer's direction.
- Place all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put hot rice directly on top and let sit for 2-3 minutes stir well and serve immediately.
- Does not include cooking time. Servings are approx.
Love this recipe, as a new owner of a rice cooker I am very impressed! I added some green prawns to the rice at the last 12 minute mark then dumped the other ingredients in when it changed to the warm cycle and I needed to fluff up the rice. Totally delicious!
If only we had know of unfried rice before. This was amazing and I will make it often now that I know how. Because I was using egg whites only I decided to cook them along with the bacon and spring onions. I used Weight Watcher’s bacon (very lean short cuts) to lower the fat content even more. I lightly cooked the bacon along with the spring onions in a medium pan, added the peas then pushed them to one side in the pan to cook the egg whites. When the whites were cooked I added the spices and soy to the bacon mixture and mixed them together along with the cooked whites, which didn’t need chopping because they were soft – they just stirred into the mixture in pieces. Then I continued with the recipe as written. It was so quick and easy and my husband loved it. Thank you homegirl for sharing your recipe. We think it is worth more than five stars. Glen
I actually steamed everything together in the rice cooker except for the scrambled eggs, which I added at the end, and it turned out great! Very neat idea for rice!