Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious 'unfried' chicken recipe,that is so simple,and tastes so good that you won't believe that it's only 6 Ww points per serving.Also good for those watching their cholesterol levels! I usually use boneless chicken breasts,cut into fingers,to speed the cooking time up a bit,and make it more child friendly.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into eighths, skin removed
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Spray a large shallow baking pan with non stick spray.
- Whisk together the first five ingredients in a large bowl,then add the chicken,tossing to coat.
- Put the cornflake crumbs into a large ziplock bag,and add the chicken one piece at a time,shaking to coat.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan,spray the top of the chicken lightly with nonstick spray.Bake until golden brown and cooked through (do not turn),about 45 minutes.
Great way to eat chicken! I used 2 boneless breasts, left out the lemon zest and upped the hot pepper sauce. I also used panko since I didn't have corn flake crumbs. Came out wonderful! Made for Rookie Tag Game 2013.
This is one of my Hubby's fav chicken dishes! I double the mayo and other wet ingredients and marinate the chicken so it absorbs the lemony hot sauce flavors. Chicken tenders definitely come out the best for us! Thanks for sharing
I've been eyeing this recipe for a while now and I'm so glad that I finally tried it.I used chicken breast and I left it marinade for a couple of hours. And I used a few more drops of the hot sauce.