My husband is hispanic and started making these shortly after we were married. I was suprised that most of the flauta recipes on here called for deep frying them! We've always baked them! Also, instead of dipping each tortilla in oil, you can coat both sides with cooking spray--just heat tortillas in the microwave first--it should work just the same. Also, your chicken breast size will determine how many you actually make (I estimated what we normally make) You can use whatever fillings you want and add whatever you'd like...this is just the base of what we typically use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In a skillet, cook chicken through. Add seasoning per envelope directions. Set aside.
- 3In a smaller skillet, fill up to halfway with vegetable oil, heat until hot. Quickly dip each corn tortilla into the oil, letting oil set in (about 2-5 seconds). Place on a paper-towel on a heat-proof plate. Repeat until all have been heated.
- 4On a workspace, place one tortilla (Be careful, as the tortillas may be VERY hot). Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of chicken onto center of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up tortilla (ends will be open). Place seam-side down on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all have been used.
- 5Place in oven, bake about 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown and crispy.
- 6For cheese sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, place velveeta cheese. Melt in microwave. Add Rotel to taste, and milk or water to thin.
- 7Tip: If you have leftover tortillas, cut them into wedges and bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy for chips.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unfried Chicken Flautas With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1032.0
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.3 mg
- Sodium 2739.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 68.7 g