Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think this recipe came from the Oprah cooking with Rosie book.
- light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray vegetable oil over baking sheet.
- Put cornmeal, basil, and thyme on a plate and mix well.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, lemon pepper, and blackening seasoning on each side of each fillet.
- Coat fillet thoroughly with cormeal mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Dust each fillet with paprika.
- Coat fillet lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 5 minutes more.