Recipe by Chef mariajane
"Marlene", the contributor of this recipe to Cooking.com said that whenever she makes this recipe, everyone asks for this recipe, so she just keeps printed copies on hand to give them right away now!! I can understand why they want the recipe, it's one that you want to have over and over again!!!
Top Review by scartier78
This Rocked!!! I changed it a bit to what I had in the cabinets... I used 3 split chicken breast baked them then pulled the chicken off and cleaned it.I used cream of celery 1 can a little milk, NO almonds , a few handfulls of peas some chopped garlic, and some frozen corn I threw in as well.. I use it as a dip with totilla chips. IT WAS GREAT! I will be using this as a meal for an upcomming gathering! Thanks a bunch!
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken (skins removed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, silvered
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (14 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups French fried onion rings