Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I go to the grocery, I always check the reduced bakery items rack. One day, I picked up a sugar-free angel food cake for a buck and brought it home. I got to looking around in the pantry for ways to kick it up a notch other than just eating it plain. I found this in my own recipe file and hadn't tried it. So, I fixed it up and it was something to behold! SO sweet and tasty! It's also a great quickie to serve with fruit at a dinner party. If you purchase a pre-made cake, the rest of the stuff should already be on-hand. This isn't really a cake like you would think, but more or less little cake bites.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 -2 cup chopped pecans
- In saucepan combine butter or margarine and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and cook until syrup reaches soft ball stage (240 degrees). Remove from heat.
- Using tongs, dip cubes of angel food cake in syrup, roll in pecans and set on wax paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container.