Recipe by JanetB-KY
An old fashioned Jello salad that is also great for a light dessert. I changed it a little from the original in the matter of adding a little zip to it with different & extra spice & subbing lime juice for the original lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pears, reserving 3/4 cup of the syrup; coarsely chop pears and set aside.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water; add pear syrup and lime juice; measure 1 1/4 cups into an 8X4 loaf pan or a 4 cup gelatin mold- chill until set but not firm- about one hour.
- Meanwhile, slowly (to prevent lumps) blend remaining gelatin into the softened cream cheese; beat until smooth then blend in spices and chopped pears.
- Pour over set gelatin in refrigerator and let finish firming up in fridge, about four hours.
- Note- This can be made with pears in syrup; doing that makes it sweeter and more of a dessert dish which is how we prefer it here at my house.