Recipe by Muzz Khan
The best Egg & Pea curry I have ever had. My Mother has been making this dish since I was as young as I can remember. Out of all the dishes that my mother makes, I would choose this all the time. Its best served with roti's/chapatti's, but it tastes just as good with white bread that has been slightly toasted or hot pitta bread.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 650 g green peas
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Use the biggest cooking pan you have.
- Place the ingredients into the pan in the order it is shown above in the ingredients list.
- Pour the oil into the pan and let the oil heat up slightly.
- Then chop the onions into thin chunks (about an inch long) and place into the pan with the oil.
- Wait till the onions start to become slightly golden, then chop up fresh garlic and ginger and add 1 teaspoon each in to the pan with the onions, now wait for the onions to become golden brown.
- When the onions are golden brown, Place 650 grams of Pea's in with the onions.
- Then start adding the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, Coriander Powder, 2 finely chopped green chillies and mix everything together thoroughly.
- After you have mixed everything properly, pour one average tin of tomatoes and stir again.
- Wait for the pea's to cook slightly. (You can test them by taking a few out of the pan and squeezing them.).
- Then crack open 8 eggs and mix together until eggs are cooked. (if you see any big chunks of cooked egg, break it up with the wooden spoon, should look like scrambled egg).
- Once the egg is cooked then add one chopped green pepper to add the slight crunch but dont cook the pepper too long or else it will become to soft.
- Finally to add a beautiful fragrance & flavour, sprinkle 3 tablespoons of Freshly chopped coriander and mix. Once you have mixed it, then place the lid on the pan and leave it to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.