Recipe by Lille
Adapted from Ciao Italia Pronto by Mary Ellen Esposito. I usually use this as a bruschetta topping. A great olive oil, sea salt or kosher salt and good tomatoes make this dish.
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 basil leaves, large
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley
- 4-5 plum tomatoes (or 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 2.46 ml salt
- sugar (optional, use up to 1 teaspoon for winter tomatoes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil into a bowl, add garlic. Mince together the basil and parsley, add to bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, or halve the grape tomatoes. Add to bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sugar if desired. Better if allowed to sit for a few hours before using.
- Serve with crusty bread as bruschetta or on pasta.