Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cute no-bake cookie recipe to look like ripe strawberries. Found on Daisy Farms Fruit Nursery web site. Posted for the Spring 2005 strawberry recipe swap. I've not tried this one yet and yield is purely a guess.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup red decorator sugar (approximate amount)
- slivered almonds (optional)
- green food coloring (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Shape (as best you can) to resemble strawberries.
- Roll in red sugar.
- If desired dye slivered almonds green for stems.
My husbands grandmother makes these every year at Christmas and they are very good but sweet. My kids absolutely love them.