Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy, no cook fondant filling for candies which can be used as is or flavored as desired. From the Ideals Candy Cookbook.
- Blend butter, syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add confectioners sugar all at once.
- Mix together, first with a spoon, then with hands, kneading well.
- Turn out onto a board and continue kneading until mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Store wrapped in a tight container in a cool place.
- Makes about 25 centers.
This was so good and easy to make!!
This is the best uncooked fondant recipe I have tried so far. Very buttery and smooth. My SIL and I used it to make chocolate-covered cherries and it worked very well for that purpose and was easy to handle, especially when chilled. Excellent flavor and texture. My SIL told me later that if I hadn't been there she would have grabbed a huge chunk and eaten it plain. I plan to use it as a center mixed with cherries and walnuts.
Very easy and delicious! I added 2 tsp of the cherry juice from the maraschino cherries and it was perfect! I used this filling for the candy cordials and will add to other candies and try adding almond extract instead of vanilla. Maybe even add chopped pecans next time. Ooey and gooey!