Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This started off as my Enchilada recipe but my husband changed it to Unclechilada to make it stand out from the rest. I decided to make it a casserole because everyone loves the sauce so much.
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 (6 -7 lb) beef roast (cooked,& shredded)
- 36 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 32 ounces monterey jack cheese (sliced to put in tortillas)
- 6 cups chunky salsa
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1. Heat olive oil, chilli powder and flour in sauce pan to make a paste.
- Add water to make a smooth thickened sauce.
- Add pace salsa and other spices.
- Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon sauce (just enough to cover bottom of pan) into bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Put cut up cheese slices and some shredded beef into the corn tortillas and roll.
- Repeat for all remaining tortillas and layer in the pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Put the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 40 tp 45 minutes on 350 or until cheese is lightly browned.