1/2 Photos of Uncle Willie's Roast Turkey
3 hrs 20 mins
Mister Chef Man's Note:
My uncle Willie would make this turkey every time we visited him. While the turkey was roasting he would sing and dance for us. We could not wait for the turkey to come out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2rub entire turkey with oil.
- 3fine dice sage and rosemary.
- 4mix salt, pepper, paprika, sage and rosemary.
- 5cover entire turkey with spice mixture.
- 6cut oranges in half and stuff in turkey.
- 7cut onion in quartars an drop in roasting pan.
- 8peel garlic and drop in roasting pan.
- 9roast on a rack breast side down for 2 hours.
- 10turn breast side up and finish to 170 degrees.
- 11let rest 20 min and eat.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Willie's Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.1
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 370.4 mg
- Sodium 821.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 112.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: