Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great, quick comfort food soup. From our frind Wayne S. A very Minnesotan recipe.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can low-fat cream of potato soup
- 1 can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (can use skim)
- 1 cup diced Velveeta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked wild rice
- In a large saucepan,saute bacon and onion until golden brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Add soups and milk.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add the cheese- stir until melted.
- This may need more milk, as it can be quite thick.
- I use skim milk, it is fine-there is plenty of fat in this recipe.