Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Saskatchewan Roughrider recipe that never fails to please. Surprisingly this ketchup based sauce empties long before the other offerings and always an empty platter. So simple ... so good! I love this sauce using our Canadian Diva's Appetizer Meatballs. Recipe courtesy of Tom Whitehouse. Use freshly prepared meatballs or prepared frozen. These can be made and ready to use at a moments notice!
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- In a medium sauce pan mix ingredients and simmer til blended, add your prepared meatballs and simmer about fifteen minutes.
- Looks exceptionally appetizing served on a white platter with a tooth pick set in each meatball.
- I assure an empty platter!
Excellent!! I did make a couple of changes though. Used Chili Sauce instead of catsup and brown sugar instead of white. A nice flavorable and easy sauce that was a compliment to the meatballs thanks so much for posting
I used frozen meatballs with this sauce. Very good. Guests commented on it.
This was really yummy. I used frozen Italian meatballs and made a meal out of these snacks. Very simple and tasty. Thanks Gerry for a nice winner. Made for Cookbook Tag.