Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe randomly one afternoon. I just gathered what I had and created this. I didn't expect much but it turned out delicious. There is a combination of sweet and hot flavors from the honey ham and monterrey jack cheese as well as the mini sweet peppers. This sandwich is grilled on a pan on the stove.
- 5 slices boar's head honey-roasted ham, thinly sliced
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 roma tomato, sliced
- 2 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 green olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place tomato, olives, and peppers in a small bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and toss.
- Empty vegetables into pan on medium-high heat and sautee, tossing often. Cook for a few minutes until they just start to wilt. Do not overcook.
- Empty vegetables into a food processor.
- Pulse six times in food processor until ingredients come together. The peppers will not be fully chopped, this is good. Do not over-pulse, the individual chunks of vegetables should be visible. Do not make a paste or puree.
- Roll slices of ham and place on one slice of bread. Top with cheese. Add veggies on top then place other slice of bread on it.
- Place the sandwich on pan on medium-high heat. Press down the sandwich by putting a small plate on top and placing a heavy jar or object on the plate.
- Cook for a couple minutes until toasted.
- Flip sandwich over and repeat for this side.
- Remove the weight and brush the beaten egg on the bread and flip. Allow egg to cook (approx. 1 min).
- Flip and brush opposite side with egg and cook.
- Serve hot!