Recipe by Tea Jenny
My wee brother makes wonderfull food especially Indian, this is his recipe for spicy onions to have with popadoms as an appetiser. I always keep a jar in the fridge. I can promise that you will not! be able to stop eating them they are addictive.
- 2 medium size onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon mint sauce
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions into a small dice place in a bowl with salt and vinegar, mix well and set aside for two to three hours.
- Rince in cold water and drain.
- Dry onions on absorbent towel.
- Add salt, chilli powder and cayenne and give it a good mix.
- Now add the tomato ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, mint sauce and mango chutney, and give it another good mix.
- Decant into a clean sterile jar and pop in the fridge for at least a day to let the flavours mingle, but I bet you can't leave it that long.