Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that cooks up fast and can be frozen for many future quick suppers. My mom used to make this for us at least a couple of times a month and we all loved it, especially my brother, Matt!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 283.49 g can tomato soup
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 4 buns
- Fry onions in vegetable oil until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook until lightly browned.Drain fat if need be.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix and simmer about 1/2 hour.
- Serve on toasted bread or buns.
- You can also sprinkle grated cheese on top if you like.
- Double or triple the recipe and freeze in individual containers for a fast dinner another night.
This recipe totally rocks! My husband told me he was kinda bummed when he found out I was making Sloppy Joes from scratch (he and I BOTH grew up with the canned stuff), but when he tasted them, he told me I should keep this recipe, and I agree. I don't blame your brother - we love these too, and this recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.