Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Diners, Drive-ins and Dives new cookbook. Courtesy of Louis Martin of Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken.
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 3 lbs chicken, whole, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 cups seasoning, Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken Seasoning (available online)
- 6 cups dipping sauce, Uncle Lou's Spicy Love dipping sauce
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy pot until a deep-fryer thermometer reads 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly pat dry with more paper towels. Put the seasoning mix in a plastic bag. Add the chicken 2 to 3 pieces at a time, close the bag, and shake until all of the chicken is well coated.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and shake off excess seasoning mix. Slip the chicken into the hot oil and fry until the juices run clear, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on the lines baking sheet to remove excess oil. Serve as is, or dipped in the Sweet Spicy Love sauce.