Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is reported to be Jay Leno's favorite recipe! The recipe multiplies easily for a party, just be sure to use extra pans as needed so as not to crowd the wings while roasting. Adapted from RecipeFinders.
- 12 chicken wings or 24 chicken drummettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- If using whole wings, disjoint wings and remove tips; you should have 24 drumettes.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a baking pan.
- Roast the chicken wings or drumettes in preheated oven until done, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, place the marinara sauce, hot sauce and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend to puree garlic.
- When the wings are done, remove from the oven, and toss with half the sauce. Leave the oven on. Return wings to oven for 10 more minutes .
- Sprinkle the wings with parsley.
- Serve with the remaining sauce on the side to dip the wings into. Enjoy!
- This is good served with a good blue cheese or gorgonzola dip too!
Sorry Sharon! These are interesting in that they are a breeze to make and present beautifully. I think that my DH and I didn't care for them because with every bite we wished they were buffalo chicken wings full of zing! These are the antithesis of buffalo chicken wings as they are quite mild. I bet these are the favorite of those who cannot stand the spiciness of buffalo chicken wings. I'm happy I tried them! Thanks, Sharon123! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
Made this last evening for dinner....husband walked in the house and the first words out of his mouth were....something really smells good!! And it was good. After reading the previous review, I did go heavy on the hot sauce because we like spicy foods....can't tell you exactly how much I used because I am not a measurer unless I am baking....but it was good and we will be eating this again. Made in the Sharon123 Cook-a-thon in memory of her precious husband. Wish my camera wasn't broken so I could have taken a picture.